Board of Education
Legal Notice and Agenda
- Date: 03/07/2011 7:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School, Cfeteria B (Room 301)
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
7:30 p.m. Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: January 24, 25, 31, 2011 and February 7, 2011
RECOGNITION: Board of Education Appreciation Dr. Landon
PRESENTATION: Science Research Program; Computer Sciences John Dodig
PRESENTATION: Update Concerning Staples H.S. Concession Stand Dan DeVito
1. Acceptance of Gift (Encl.) Dr. Landon
2. Approval of Contract with Maintainers dated Ms. Cion
July 1, 2010 – June 30, 2013
1. Policy P3520: Green Cleaning Programs (Encl.) Dr. Landon
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on cable TV on channel 78.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.