Archived Meeting Minutes (2009-2010)
Conservation Commission Legal Notice of Public Hearing
- Date: 03/21/2018 7:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall- Room 201/201A
LEGAL NOTICE AND AGENDA
WESTPORT CONSERVATION COMMISSION
MARCH 21, 2018
Notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Westport Conservation Commission pursuant to the Connecticut Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Act, and the Regulations for the Protection and Preservation of Inland Wetlands and Watercourses of the Town of Westport (IWW Regulations) to be held on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 in the Room 201/201A at 7:00 p.m. of the Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Avenue. The Commission shall meet to take such action under the purview of the Town’s IWW Regulations and the Waterway Protection Line Ordinance as the meeting may determine with regard to the following:
Changes or Additions to the Agenda. The Commission may amend the agenda by a 2/3 vote to include items not requiring a Public Hearing.
Work Session I: 7:00 p.m., Room 201/201A (The work session is not a public hearing. The public is invited to attend but may not speak.) The following applications will be “received” by the Conservation Commission subject to determination of completion. A public hearing will not be opened at this time for the following applications:
- Receipt of Applications
- Report by Colin Kelly, Conservation Compliance Officer on the status of existing enforcement activity.
- Approval of February 21, 2018 meeting minutes.
- Review of Proposed Changes to Section 30-91 of the Waterway Protection Line Ordinance Relating to Time Limits for Reviewing and Deciding Applications.
- Other Business
Public Hearing: 7:20 p.m., Room 201/201A. The following applications will be “received” by the Conservation Commission subject to determination of completion. If applications are determined to be complete the Commission will proceed by opening the hearing. (At this time interested parties may be heard after being recognized by the Chairman. Written communication may be received for all applications until the public hearing is closed.) Applications and plans may be examined in the Conservation Department, Room 205, Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Avenue, during regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- 1141 Post Road East: Continued Application - Application #IWW-10542-18 & WPL-10543-18 by David R Ginter, PE of Redniss & Mead, Inc. on behalf of LCB Berkshire Senior Living Holdings, II LLC for the demolition of the existing commercial building and other improvements/uses and the construction of an assisted living facility with associated parking, drives, landscaping, utilities and flood improvements. The development will consist of 99 units. Portions of the work will be within the wetland, upland review area and the WPLO area of Muddy Brook.
- 3 Beechwood Lane, 2 Melon Patch Lane, 6 Riverfield Drive, 175A Cross Highway and 1 Charcoal Lane: Application #IWW/M-10558-18 by the Town of Westport on behalf of Chris & Megan Ventrella; Bluewater Melon Patch LLC; Vanessa C & Matthew A Weinbach; Silver Rock Real Estate LLC; and, Adam H & Jennifer M Epstein, respectively to amend wetland boundary maps #E08, F13, C16, G15 and E15, respectively.
Work Session II: (The work session is not a public hearing. The public is invited to attend but may not speak.)
- Other business.
The Commission may not open new business on the agenda after 10:00 p.m. at the discretion of the Chairman. This includes applications scheduled for public hearings. Items shall be continued or rescheduled to a later date as necessary.
Patricia Shea, Esq. To be published TWICE
Chairman Once on Friday, March 9, 2018 and
Conservation Commission Once on Friday, March 16, 2018
CC: Town Clerk; First Selectman; Town Attorney; Director of Planning & Zoning; RTM Moderator; Chair RTM Environment Committee