Archived Meeting Minutes (2009-2010)
Conservation Commission Public Hearing Legal Notice & Agenda
- Date: 05/16/2018 7:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall- Room 201/201A
LEGAL NOTICE AND AGENDA
WESTPORT CONSERVATION COMMISSION
MAY 16, 2018
Notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Westport Conservation Commission pursuant to the Connecticut Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Act, and the Regulations for the Protection and Preservation of Inland Wetlands and Watercourses of the Town of Westport (IWW Regulations) to be held on Wednesday, May 16, 2018 in the Room 201/201A at 7:00 p.m. of the Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Avenue. The Commission shall meet to take such action under the purview of the Town’s IWW Regulations and the Waterway Protection Line Ordinance as the meeting may determine with regard to the following:
Changes or Additions to the Agenda. The Commission may amend the agenda by a 2/3 vote to include items not requiring a Public Hearing.
Work Session I: 7:00 p.m., Room 201/201A (The work session is not a public hearing. The public is invited to attend but may not speak.) The following applications will be “received” by the Conservation Commission subject to determination of completion. A public hearing will not be opened at this time for the following applications:
- Receipt of Applications
- Report by Colin Kelly, Conservation Compliance Officer on the status of existing enforcement activity.
- 65 Bermuda Road: Request for bond release being held for planting and sediment and erosion controls for Permit #WPL-10172-16.
- 5 Yankee Hill Road: Request for bond release being held for plantings and sediment and erosion controls for Permit #WPL-9954-15.
- 79 Newtown Turnpike: Request for partial bond release being held for Permit IWW,WPL/E-9964-15.
- 42 Burr Farms Road: Request to allow staff to issue a staff level permit for a gravel patio within the upland review area.
- Approval of April 9, 2018 Special Hearing minutes.
- Approval of April 18, 2018 meeting minutes.
- 115 Harbor Road: Plan review changes for dock previously approved per Permit #WPL-10311-16.
10. Other Business
Public Hearing: 7:20 p.m., Room 201/201A. The following applications will be “received” by the Conservation Commission subject to determination of completion. If applications are determined to be complete the Commission will proceed by opening the hearing. (At this time interested parties may be heard after being recognized by the Chairman. Written communication may be received for all applications until the public hearing is closed.) Applications and plans may be examined in the Conservation Department, Room 205, Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Avenue, during regular business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- 3 Lakeview Drive: Application #IWW/M-10595-18 by Peter Romano of LandTech on behalf of James Franco to amend wetland boundary map #D07.
- 7 Belaire Drive: Application #AA,WPL-10586-18 by Chris O’Dell on behalf of 7 Belaire Drive LLC for a new single family residence. Portions of the work are within the WPLO area of the Saugatuck River.
- 9 Beachside Common: Application #WPL-10591-18 by Artemis Landscape Architects on behalf of Margaret & Michael Shwabe to rebuild an existing stone wall and replace a fence. The proposed activity is within the WPLO area of both New Creek and Mill Creek.
- 28 Owenoke Park: Application #WPL-10593-18 by Julian Robins for the installation of a fixed pier, ramp and floating dock. The proposed activity is within the WPLO area area of Gray’s Creek.
- 286 Compo Road South: Application #WPL-10567-18 by William Green & Linda Durakis for driveway improvements and parking area expansion. The proposed activity is within the WPLO area of the Saugatuck River.
Work Session II: (The work session is not a public hearing. The public is invited to attend but may not speak.)
- Other business.
The Commission may not open new business on the agenda after 10:00 p.m. at the discretion of the Chairman. This includes applications scheduled for public hearings. Items shall be continued or rescheduled to a later date as necessary.
Patricia Shea, Esq. To be published TWICE
Chairman Once on Friday, May 4, 2018 and
Conservation Commission Once on Friday, May 11, 2018
CC: Town Clerk; First Selectman; Town Attorney; Director of Planning & Zoning; RTM Moderator; Chair RTM Environment Committee