For Meeting Schedules > Click Here
For Calendar View > Scroll Down
1 Click (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
2 Select a filter below Categories to refine results
Meeting CalendarClick (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
Planning & Zoning Commission Notice of Decision
- Date: 07/18/2019 7:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall-Room 201/201A
LEGAL NOTICE OF DECISION
Notice is hereby given that at a hearing held on July 18, 2019, the Westport Planning and Zoning Commission took the following action:
- ADOPTED IN PART/ DENIED IN PART: Text Amendment #771: Appl. #19-025 submitted by William J. Fitzpatrick, Esq. for a Text Amendment to modify §24A General Business District/Saugatuck of the Westport Zoning Regulations to allow buildings that are up to three stories and 40 feet of height, allow buildings that are up to a maximum of 20,000 square feet of floor area, with retail buildings or single retail establishments limited to 10,000 square feet of gross interior floor area and to allow for 50% Joint Parking with the proposed modifications to §24A-5 (Height) and §24A-8.1 (Floor Area Maximum) being approved and the proposed modification to §24A-13 (Parking and Loading) being denied. A copy of the amendment is on file in the Westport Town Clerk’s Office and is on file in the Westport Planning and Zoning Office. Effective Date: 8/6/19.
- GRANTED: 25 Prospect Rd: Appl. #19-022 by Harry Rocheville of McChord Engineering Associates, Inc. for property owned by 25 Prospect Road LLC, for a Special Permit and Site Plan approval for excavating and fill relating to demolition of existing house and subsequent construction of new house, for property located in the Residential AA zone, PID#E07098000.
- APPROVED: 17 Owenoke Park: Appl #19-032, submitted by Peter Armstrong for a property owned by 1720 Owenoke LLC, for a Coastal Area Management (CAM) Site Plan application proposing to construct a new two-story FEMA compliant single-family residence with driveway, terraces, and pool in the AE13 Flood Zone, for property located in the Residential A zone, PID#D0317000.
- APPROVED: 760 Post Road East: Appl. #19-036, submitted by Mel Barr of Barr Associates for property owned by Torno Lumber Inc. for a Site Plan application proposing building renovations, storage rack replacements, parking reconfiguration, and landscape improvements for an existing lumberyard retail establishment located in the General Business District (GBD) zone, PID#E09039000.
- ADOPTED: Text Amendment #770: Appl. #19-019 submitted by the Planning and Zoning Commission, to modify §54-7.1 of the Subdivision Regulations to remove ambiguity regarding the intent of language in the intersection standards to prohibit a future third street or right-of-way from being located where two streets already intersect. A copy of the amendment is on file in the Westport Town Clerk’s Office and is on file in the Westport Planning and Zoning Office. Effective Date: 8/6/19.
- GRANTED: 139 Kings Highway North & 180 Wilton Rd: Appl. #19-021 prepared by William Achilles, for property owned by Braidmax LLC, Roger J. Leifer, Trustee, for a Coastal Site Plan and Special Permit approval for excavation and fill for regrading between two properties to address a State Road storm drain pipe that resulted in erosion, for properties located in the Residential AA zone, PID#C11049000/C11048000.
The above items were granted/approved/denied with conditions and or reasons, which are on file with the Planning and Zoning Office in Town Hall at 110 Myrtle Avenue, Westport, CT.
Dated at Westport, Connecticut this 2nd day of August, 2019
Paul Lebowitz, Chairman, Planning and Zoning Commission