For Regularly Scheduled Meeting List > Click Here
For Calendar View > Scroll down
To sort the Meeting List by a committee, commission or board, click the drop down menu below.
Click (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
Board of Education
- Date: 09/03/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School- Room 1025c
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC CALL TO ORDER
6:30 p.m., Staples High School, Room 1025c
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Discussion of attorney-client privileged draft report reflecting legal advice regarding Coleytown Middle School
RESUME PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
7:00 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
RECOGNITION/RECEPTION: 2020 Westport Teacher of the Year: Stacy Fowle
Nominees: Victoria Capozzi SHS, Lindsay Forth SES, Megan Gallant BMS, Roshawn Lawrence SES,
Rebecca Marsick SHS, Brennan Morgan CMS, Ann Neary SHS, Barbara Robbins SHS,
Luke Rosenberg SHS, Emily Sawyer CMS, Elizabeth Smith BMS, Holly Sulzycki SHS
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: August 26, 2019
- Superintendent’s Report for the Start of the 2019-20Dr. David Abbey
- Calendar of Board of Education Agenda Items:Dr. David Abbey
September 2019 – June 2020
- Discussion of a Timeline for Decisions Concerning Coleytown Dr. Anthony Buono Middle School Reopening, Including Possible Redistricting
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.