Board of Education
- Date: 10/07/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School- Cafeteria B
October 7, 2019 Staples High School
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
6:30 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
- Grievance Hearing Concerning Individual Grievance of Non-Certified Mr. Mark Mathias
ADJOURMENT TO NON-MEETING FOR PURPOSES OF DELIBERATION REGARDING GRIEVANCE
RESUME PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: September 16 and 23, 2019 and October 2, 2019
- Motion Pertaining to Grievance DecisionMr. Mark Mathias
- Acceptance of GiftsDr. David Abbey
- Facilities Report: Antinozzi AssociatesMr. Michael Losasso
- Further Discussion of School RebalancingMr. Mark Mathias
- Second Reading of Westport Board of Education BylawsMs. Karen Kleine
- Discussion of Proposed Board of Education Meeting DatesDr. David Abbey
- Update on Policy Committee and Discussion of the FollowingMs. Karen Kleine Policies and Regulations:
- P 7551 Naming Facilities
- R 3515/1330 Regulations Governing Use of School Facilities,
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.