Board of Education
- Date: 10/21/2019 6:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School- Room 1025c
October 21, 2019 Staples High School
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC CALL TO ORDER
6:30 p.m., Staples High School, Room 1025c
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Strategies for Negotiation
RESUME PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
7:30 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: October 2, 7, and 14, 2019
- Approval of CMSBC’s Request for BOE Approval of the CMS Mr. Mark Mathias Construction Documents
- Approval of Tentative Agreement with the Westport Mr. John Bayers
Intermediate Administrators Association
- Approve Contract with JE Consulting for Superintendent Search Ms. Karen Kleine Services and Update on Superintendent Search
- Approval of FY 2021 Budget Preparation CalendarMr. Elio Longo
1.Rebalancing UpdateDr. Anthony Buono
2.Naming Town Property – Staples High School TrackDr. David Abbey
3.Discussion of Proposed Board of Education Meeting DatesDr. David Abbey
4.Update on Policy Committee and First Reading of the FollowingMs. Karen Kleine Policies and Regulations:
- P 4118.11/4218.11 Nondiscrimination (amendment, number change)
- P 4118.234 Prohibition on Recommendations for Psychotropic Drugs (new)
- P5131.6 Alcohol Use, Drugs, and Tobacco (new)
- P5118.1 Homeless Children and Youth (new)
- P5125.11 Health/Medical Records (HIPPA) (new)
- P5131.74 Weapons and Dangerous Instruments (new)
- P5144.4 Physical Activity and Student Discipline (new)
- P4212.42, Drug and Alcohol Testing for Bus Drivers (new)
- P5145.511 Sexual Abuse Prevention Education Program (new)
5. Quarterly Financial Report: July 1, 2019 – September 30, 2019Mr. Elio Longo
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.