Meetings prior to 5/10/19 - Find AGENDAS in each link in the EVENT column
Archived Meeting Minutes (1999-2010)
How to Search for Past Agendas and MinutesClick (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
Board of Education
- Date: 11/11/2019 7:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School- Cafeteria B
November 11, 2019 Staples High School
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
7:30 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
RECOGNITION OF MARK MATHIAS
RECOGNITION OF NEIL PHILLIPS
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: October 21, 2019
- Superintendent SearchDr. Joseph Erardi
- Virtual Net Metering – Sustainable WestportMr. David Mann
- Enrollment Projections: Milone and MacBroomMr. Mike Zuba
- Development and Assignment of Redistricting QuestionsMr. Mark Mathias
- GiftsDr. David Abbey
- Appointment of the Westport Public Art Collections CommitteeMr. Elio Longo (WestPAC) as the agent to maintain and manage the Westport Art Collection and Adoption of Collection Management Guidelines
- Discussion of Proposed Board of Education Meeting DatesDr. David Abbey
- Second Reading of the Following Policies and Bylaws:Ms. Karen Kleine
- P4118.11/4218.11, Nondiscrimination (amendment, number change)
- P4118.234, Prohibition on Recommendations for Psychotropic Drugs (new)
- P5118.1, Homeless Children and Youth (new)
- P5125.11, Health/Medical Records (HIPPA) (new)
- P5131.7, Weapons and Dangerous Instruments (new)
- P5144.4, Physical Activity and Student Discipline (new)
- P4212.42, Drug and Alcohol Testing for Bus Drivers (new)
- P5145.511, Sexual Abuse Prevention Education Program (new)
- B9324, Meeting Conduct (new)
- FY 20 First Quarter Financial ReportMr. Elio Longo
- Update on Policy Committee and First Reading of the Following: Ms. Karen Kleine
- Policy 0200, Statement of Educational Goals and Student Objectives (new)
- Policy 3541.5, Reporting of Transportation Safety Complaints (new)
- Policy 6115, School Ceremonies and Observances (new)
- Policy and Regulation 3515, Use of School Facilities (revised)
- Policy 5141.3, Health Assessments and Immunizations (new)
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.