For Calendar View > Click Here
To see a list of future meetings for a particular committee, commission or board:
(1) Select in dropdown menu below
(2) Be sure "All Upcoming" is select to see future meetings
Meeting CalendarClick the drop down menu below to filter the calendar by a committee, commission or board.
Board of Education
- Date: 11/11/2019 7:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School- Cafeteria B
November 11, 2019 Staples High School
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
7:30 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
RECOGNITION OF MARK MATHIAS
RECOGNITION OF NEIL PHILLIPS
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: October 21, 2019
- Superintendent SearchDr. Joseph Erardi
- Virtual Net Metering – Sustainable WestportMr. David Mann
- Enrollment Projections: Milone and MacBroomMr. Mike Zuba
- Development and Assignment of Redistricting QuestionsMr. Mark Mathias
- GiftsDr. David Abbey
- Appointment of the Westport Public Art Collections CommitteeMr. Elio Longo (WestPAC) as the agent to maintain and manage the Westport Art Collection and Adoption of Collection Management Guidelines
- Discussion of Proposed Board of Education Meeting DatesDr. David Abbey
- Second Reading of the Following Policies and Bylaws:Ms. Karen Kleine
- P4118.11/4218.11, Nondiscrimination (amendment, number change)
- P4118.234, Prohibition on Recommendations for Psychotropic Drugs (new)
- P5118.1, Homeless Children and Youth (new)
- P5125.11, Health/Medical Records (HIPPA) (new)
- P5131.7, Weapons and Dangerous Instruments (new)
- P5144.4, Physical Activity and Student Discipline (new)
- P4212.42, Drug and Alcohol Testing for Bus Drivers (new)
- P5145.511, Sexual Abuse Prevention Education Program (new)
- B9324, Meeting Conduct (new)
- FY 20 First Quarter Financial ReportMr. Elio Longo
- Update on Policy Committee and First Reading of the Following: Ms. Karen Kleine
- Policy 0200, Statement of Educational Goals and Student Objectives (new)
- Policy 3541.5, Reporting of Transportation Safety Complaints (new)
- Policy 6115, School Ceremonies and Observances (new)
- Policy and Regulation 3515, Use of School Facilities (revised)
- Policy 5141.3, Health Assessments and Immunizations (new)
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.
It is the policy of the Town of Westport that all Town-sponsored public meetings and events are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance in participating in a meeting or event due to a disability as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Westport’s ADA Coordinator at 203-341-1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.