Board of Education - REVISED
- Date: 12/16/2019 7:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School- Cafeteria B
December 16, 2019 Staples High School
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
7:30 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: December 4 and 9, 2019
- NESDEC Enrollment Projections Follow-up Mr. Don Kennedy
- FY 2021 Preliminary Budget Discussions with Board of Ms. Candice Savin Finance, RTM Education, and Finance Committee Chairs
- Revisions to 2020-2021 School Calendar Dr. David Abbey
- Update on Policy Committee and First Reading of the Following Ms. Karen Kleine Policies:
- 5125, Student Records, Confidentiality
- 5113, Attendance and Excuses
- 5131.6, Alcohol, Drugs, Tobacco
- 3542.22, Food Services Personnel Code of Conduct
- 5131.61, Inhalant Use by Students
- Second Reading of the Following Policies and Regulations:Ms. Karen Kleine
- 4118.25/5141.4, Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse, Neglect, or Sexual Assault (revised, renumbered)
- 5113.1, Attendance, Truancy, and Chronic Absenteeism (revised, renumbered)
- 3542.43, Food Service Charging Policy (new)
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.