Meetings prior to 5/10/19 - Find AGENDAS in each link in the EVENT column
Archived Meeting Minutes (1999-2010)
How to Search for Past Agendas and MinutesClick (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
Board of Selectmen
- Date: 11/13/2019 9:00 AM
- Location: Town Hall- Room 201/201A
Board of Selectmen Meeting
Notice & Agenda
November 13, 2019
Notice is hereby given that the Westport Board of Selectmen, Traffic Authority and Water Pollution Control Authority will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 9:00 AM in Westport Town Hall Room 201/201A (NOTE ROOM CHANGE) for the following purposes to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To take such action as the meeting may determine to approve the minutes of the Board of Selectmen’s and Water Pollution Control Authority’s meeting of October 23, 2019.
- To take such action as the meeting may determine to approve the request to waive the requirements of the Town Driveway Ordinance, Section 50-340, Construction Standards, (d) Grade, as it relates to the construction of the driveway at 6 Ivanhoe Lane, contingent upon compliance with comments and conditions from relevant Town departments. ITEM TABLED FROM 10-23-2019
- To take such as action as the meeting may determine, pursuant to Town Code Sec. 50-412. Appeals, to hear the appeal from the decision by the Director of Public Works for the owners to replace the sidewalk adjoining the property located at 260 Riverside Avenue in accordance with Town Standards and pursuant to Town Code Sec. 50-406. Maintenance of Business Use Sidewalks.
- To take such action as the meeting may determine, in accordance with the Policy for Naming Town Property, to approve the naming of the Town owned property known as the Staples High School Running Track, located at 70 North Avenue, in honor of Staples Track Coach Laddie Lawrence, and further, to forward the request to the Representative Town Meeting for its review at its next scheduled public meeting.
- To take such action as the meeting may determine, upon the recommendation of the Director of Human Services, and in accordance with the Policy for Gifts to the Town, to approve the acceptance of the following donations in amounts between $5,001 and $20,001 for deposit into the following accounts:
(i) Barbara Butler Fund and Senior Client Needs;
(ii) Senior Center Account for support and activities; and
(iii) Senior Center Account to off-set instructor fees associated with the fitness center.
- To take such action as the meeting may determine, upon the recommendation of the Department of Human Services, to approve an agreement between the Town of Westport and Kids in Crisis, to provide full-time clinical services, training and crisis intervention support for the Staples High School community.
- To take such action as the meeting may determine, upon the recommendation of the Department of Human Services, to approve an agreement between the Town of Westport and Liberation Programs, to provide part-time clinical substance abuse counseling services, providing assessment, intervention and prevention and training to the school community with a Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor (LADC) at Staples High School.
- To take such action as the meeting may determine, upon the recommendation of the Assessor, to approve the contract between the Town of Westport and Innerbay Analytics, LLC as it relates to the 2020 evaluation of properties as outlined in RFP #20-972T (Commercial Real Estate Valuations).
- To take such action as the meeting may determine to approve a Town of Westport Policy on the Lease of Town Property.
- Acting in its capacity as the Water Pollution Control Authority, to approve the supplemental sanitary sewer connection at property known as 20 Ketchum Street, contingent upon compliance with the WPCA Collection System Supervisor’s letter of November 6, 2019.
James S, Marpe
November 7, 2019