Meetings prior to 5/10/19 - Find AGENDAS in each link in the EVENT column
Archived Meeting Minutes (1999-2010)
How to Search for Past Agendas and MinutesClick (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
Zoning Board of Appeals
- Date: 01/21/2020
- Location: Town Hall- Auditorium
Legal Notice of Decisions
At a Public Hearing of the Westport Zoning Board of Appeals held on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 the following action was taken:
1. GRANTED: 54 Wilton Road: ZBA Appl. #7769 by William J. Fitzpatrick for property owned by STC Green, LLC for variance of the Zoning Regulations: 33-8.2.4 (Wall Signs exceeding six square feet in area) to install a wall sign for second floor tenant, located in General Business District, PID#C10073000.
2. GRANTED: 10 Mills Street: ZBA Appl. #7765 by Donald and Kristen Butts for property owned by Donald and Kristen Butts for variance of the Zoning Regulations: §13-4 (Setbacks), 13-6 (Coverage), and 6-3.1 (Non-Conforming Lots, Setbacks) to retain the existing shed, basketball hoop, and swing set, located in Residence A zone, PID#G09113000.
3. DENIED: 521 Riverside Avenue: ZBA Appl. #7767 by Barr Associates, LLC for property owned by SRC Realty Group, LLC for variance of the Zoning Regulations: 31-7 (Setbacks from Waterbodies, Watercourses and Wetlands) and 22-4 (Setbacks) for a patio installed in the setbacks, and no review was taken of the Coastal Area Management (CAM) application as it requires Special Permit review by the P&Z Commission, located in Restrictive Office Retail District #2, PID#B06039000.
4. GRANTED: 23 Appletree Trail: ZBA Appl. #7768 by Tanner White for property owned by Rodrigo Sanchez for variance of the Zoning Regulations: 13-4 (Setbacks) and 13-6 (Coverage) to retain the existing deck, bridge, air conditioning unit, and to construct a second floor addition, located in Residence A zone, PID#D04106000.
5. DENIED: 9 Fresenius Road: ZBA Appl. #7763 by Alison Danzberger for property owned by James and Leslie Kickham for variance of the Zoning Regulations: 13-4 (Setbacks) for installation of air conditioning units, located in Residence A zone, PID#F09095000.
6. DENIED: 6 Sea Spray Road: ZBA Appl. #7766 by Curt Lowenstein, LANDTECH for property owned by 6 Sea Spray Road, LLC for variance of the Zoning Regulations: 13-6 (Coverage) for installation of swimming pool and reduction in driveway area, located in Residence A zone, PID#B02150000.
The above items were granted/approved/denied with conditions and or reasons, which are on file with the Planning and Zoning Office in Town Hall at 110 Myrtle Avenue, Westport, CT.
Dated in Westport, CT, January 24, 2020
James Ezzes, Chairman, Zoning Board of Appeals.