Planning & Zoning Commission Affordable Housing Subcommittee
- Date: 11/20/2019 12:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall - Room 307/309
NOTICE / AGENDA
Planning and Zoning Commission
Affordable Housing Subcommittee
November 20, 2019 12:00pm Room 307/309, Town Hall
- Review updated mission statement:
a. To encourage the pro-active development and preservation of affordable housing choices for the present and future residents of Westport, including but not limited to additional affordable opportunities for families.
- Continue to discuss changes to formula for calculating affordable Multi-Family Dwellings in §24A, General Business District Saugatuck (GBD/S), §32-12, Inclusionary Two-Family and Multi-Family Dwellings allowed in various non-residential zoning districts, and §39A, Inclusionary Housing Zone (IHZ) Overlay
a. New provision setting uniform standard for “rounding up”, minimum square footage percentage requirements and dispersion of units throughout building exception section related to assisted living applications.
b. New provision to permit the consideration of off-site affordable housing at PZC’s discretion.
c. Report from Rick Redness regarding possible formula for calculating affordable requirement with flexibility for differences in income levels.
- Continue discussion of change in regulations regarding Accessory Dwelling Units to encourage the availability of additional affordable dwellings in Westport.
- Discussion of feasibility of deed restricting town owned dwelling units.
All interested members of the public are invited to attend. Interested persons may provide comments at the meeting after being recognized by the Subcommittee Chair. Comments may also be emailed to the P&Z Commission at email@example.com.
Respectfully Submitted by Michelle Perillie, AICP, Planner, November 13, 2019