Meetings prior to 5/10/19 - Find AGENDAS in each link in the EVENT column
Archived Meeting Minutes (1999-2010)
How to Search for Past Agendas and MinutesClick (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
Board of Education
- Date: 11/19/2019 7:30 PM
- Location: Staples High School - Cafeteria B
November 19, 2019 Staples High School
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
7:30 p.m., Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
ELECTION OF OFFICERS OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION Dr. David Abbey
- 2019-20 Board CommitteesBoard Chair
MINUTES: November 11, 2019
- Rebalancing/Split Feeder: Milone and MacBroomMr. Mike Zuba
- Preliminary Strategies for Addressing the Master Plan FacilitiesTed Hunyadi Study for the Westport Public Schools
- Master Plan Facilities Study for the Westport Public Schools ReleaseBoard Chair
to the Public
- Redistricting QuestionsDr. Anthony Buono
- Update on Policy Committee and First Reading of the Following Ms. Karen Kleine Policies:
- 5141.4, Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse, Neglect, or Sexual Assault (revised, renumbered)
- 5113.2, Attendance, Truancy, and Chronic Absenteeism (revised, renumbered)
- 3542.43, Food Service Charging Policy (new)
1. Authorization of the Superintendent to Seek Approval from the RTMMr. Elio Longo to Apply for Reimbursement for the Coleytown Middle School Building Project
2. Virtual Net Metering – Solar Power Services AgreementMr. Elio Longo
3. Second Reading of the Following Policies and Regulations:Ms. Karen Kleine
- 0200, Statement of Educational Goals and Student Objectives (new)
- 3541.5, Reporting of Transportation Safety Complaints (new)
- 6115, School Ceremonies and Observances (new)
- 3515, Use of School Facilities (revised)
- 5141.3, Health Assessments and Immunizations (revised)
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.