Meetings prior to 5/10/19 - Find AGENDAS in each link in the EVENT column
Archived Meeting Minutes (1999-2010)
How to Search for Past Agendas and MinutesClick (All Departments) to select a committee, commission or board
Zoning Board of Appeals
- Date: 01/07/2020 7:00 PM
Town of Westport
Zoning Board of Appeals
Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Avenue
Westport, CT 06880
Tel: 203-341-1030 Fax: 203-454-6145
To be published in
The Westport News:
On: January 10, 2020
Legal Notice of Decisions
At a Public Hearing of the Westport Zoning Board of Appeals held on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 the following action was taken:
1. GRANTED: 201 Main Street: ZBA Appl. #7762 by Mel Barr, Barr Associates, LLC for property owned by Belden Place, LLC for variances for non-conforming building expansion, building size, and floor area ratio to modify crawl space into a cellar to provide a corridor for utilities and setbacks to construct a 10 foot high sound attenuating fence, to be consistent with the Costal Area Management (CAM) act , located in RBD zone, PID#C10091000.
2. APPEAL DENIED, Upheld Action of Zoning Official: 50 Compo Mill Cove: ZBA Appl. #7736 by Pete Romano, LANDTECH for property owned by Pasquale J. Malpeso, Jr. from an appeal of the decision of the Planning and Zoning Department to issue a Cease and Desist order on the above mentioned property, located in Residence A Zone, PID#E04091000.
3. GRANTED: 6 Ivanhoe Lane: ZBA Appl. #7753 by Christopher O’Dell for property owned by Steven and Allison O’Dell for a variance for driveway slope in excess of 6%, to legalize the existing driveway, located in Residence A Zone, PID#C07183000.
4. GRANTED: 33 Stony Brook Road: ZBA Appl. #7747 by Guy R. Shutt for property owned by Guy R. Shutt for a variance for setback to construct a two story addition, second floor addition, and authorization of existing shed, patio, generator, and A/C units, located in Residence AA zone, PID#B10018000.
5. GRANTED: 8 Murvon Court: ZBA Appl. #7759 by Bill Achilles Jr., Achilles Architects for property owned by Murvon Court, LLC for variance of the Zoning Regulations: §13-6 (Coverage) and §6-2.1.6 (Non-conforming Buildings and Structures, Expansion, Extension or Alteration), to construct a FEMA compliant single family residence, located in Residence A zone, PID#D03043000.
6. GRANTED: 126 Post Road East: ZBA Appl. #7760 by Howard Martin for property owned by Bank of America for variance of the Zoning Regulations: §32-8.3.2 (Excavation and Filling of Land, Standards), §32-8.2.3(Maximum Fill or Excavation Quantity), §44-5.2 (Traffic and Pedestrian Access), to change the grading of the driveways within 5’ of the property line, located in Business Center District, PID#C09147000.
The above items were granted/approved/denied with conditions and or reasons, which are on file with the Planning and Zoning Office in Town Hall at 110 Myrtle Avenue, Westport, CT.
Dated in Westport, CT, January 10, 2020
James Ezzes, Chairman, Zoning Board of Appeals.