Board of Education Special Meeting
- Date: 07/13/2020 7:00 PM
- Location: Electronically
July 13, 2020 Via Zoom and Googledoc
WESTPORT BOARD OF EDUCATION
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
SPECIAL NOTICE ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR THIS ELECTRONIC MEETING:
Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order No. 7B, there will not be a physical location for this meeting. This meeting will be held electronically and live streamed on westportps.org and shown on Optimum Government Access Channel 78 and Frontier Channel 6021. Emails to BOE members can be sent to BOE@westportps.org. Comments to be read during the public comment period must be submitted to the meeting’s Googledoc during the submission period. Please see the following link for instructions and guidelines: https://www.westportps.org/uploaded/Procedures_and_Guidelines_for_
Public_Participation_in_Remote_Board_Meetings.pdf. We will use our best efforts to read public comments if they are received during the public comment period and if they state your full name and address. Meeting materials will be available at westportps.org along with the meeting notice posted on the Meeting Agenda page.
PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
7:00 p.m., Held Remotely Via Zoom Pursuant to Executive Order 7B
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: June 29 and July 6, 2020
- Update from the Coleytown Middle School Building Committee Mr. Don O’Day
- Update from the School Reopening Committee Dr. Anthony Buono
Mr. John Bayers
Ms. Christine Jewell
1. 2020-2021 School Lunch Program Mr. Elio Longo
* A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on Cablevision on channel 78; Frontier channel 6021 and by video stream @www.westportps.org
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Public comment will be accepted via a Google doc and the comments will be read aloud at the meeting. A link will be provided on Monday, prior to the meeting.
· There will be no in-person public comment due to public health concerns.
· A maximum of 15 minutes will be provided for public comments.
· Comments on agenda items are limited to 1 minute each.
It is the policy of the Town of Westport that all Town-sponsored public meetings and events are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need assistance in participating in a meeting or event due to a disability as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Westport’s ADA Coordinator at 203-341-1043 or email@example.com at least three (3) business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.