Board of Finance Public Hearing
- Date: 01/05/2011 8:00 PM
The Board of Finance will hold its Public Hearing on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 8:00 P.M. in the Auditorium of Town Hall. The following items, and any others properly presented before the Board, will be considered:
TRANSFERS IN THE 2010-2011 BUDGET
1. The Board will consider the following request for a transfer amount of $3,000 or less that has been approved by the First Selectman:
A request by the Conservation Director for a transfer of $2,000 to the Conservation Account #10101182-531000 (Fees & Services) from the Conservation Account #10101182-513002 (Overtime) in order to cover anticipated shortfalls in this budgeted account.
APPROPRIATIONS IN THE 2010-2011 BUDGET
2. A request by the Information Technology Director for an appropriation of $5,050 to the Information Technology Capital Budget Account #10101157-579001 (Telecast Equipment) to purchase additional equipment as part of the Town’s Live Broadcasting Expansion Project.
3. A request by the Finance Director for an appropriation of $1,200,000 to the General Fund Pension Budget Account #10109901-523700 (OPEB Plan Funding) for the cost of the Town of Westport’s planned contribution to the OPEB Trust Fund for the 2010-11 fiscal year.
PRELIMINARY BUDGET DISCUSSION: TOWN BUDGET
4. The Board will have a preliminary discussion of the 2011-12 Town Budget with the First Selectman and Finance Director. No action will be taken.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
5. Approve the Board of Finance Minutes of the December 8, 2010 regular meeting.