Board of Education
- Date: 04/04/2011 6:00 PM
- Location: Staples High School
April 4, 2011 Staples High School
(Agenda Subject to Modification in Accordance with Law)
PUBLIC CALL TO ORDER:
6:00 p.m. Staples High School, Principal’s Conference Room 1025C
ANTICIPATED EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Interview of Candidate for Position of Principal at Saugatuck Elementary School
RESUME PUBLIC SESSION:
PUBLIC SESSION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
7:30 p.m. Staples High School, Cafeteria B (Room 301)
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM BOARD AND ADMINISTRATION
1. Appointment of Principal: Saugatuck Elementary School Dr. Landon
PUBLIC QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS (15 MINUTES)
MINUTES: March 21, 2011
INFORMATIONAL REPORT: K-12 Comprehensive Bullying Policies, Dr. Landon
Procedures and Programs
PRESENTATION: English Department Writing Program, 6-12 Ms. Comm
1. Board of Finance April 6 Restoration Meeting (Encl) Dr. Landon
2. Policy P4118.25: Social Networking By Staff (Encl) Dr. Landon
1. Quarterly Financial Report: July 1, 2010-March 31, 2011 Ms. Harris
*A 2/3 vote is required to go to executive session, to add a topic to the agenda of a regular meeting, or to start a new topic after 10:30 p.m.
The meeting can also be viewed on cable TV on channel 78.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION WELCOME USING THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
· Comment on non-agenda topics will occur during the first 15 minutes except when staff or guest presentations are scheduled.
· Board will not engage in dialogue on non-agenda items.
· Public may speak as agenda topics come up for discussion or information.
· Speakers on non-agenda items are limited to 2 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers on agenda items are limited to 3 minutes each, except by prior arrangement with chair.
· Speakers must give name and use microphone.
· Responses to questions may be deferred if answers not immediately available.
· Public comment is normally not invited for topics listed for action after having been publicly discussed at one or more meetings.