Building within Westport?
If you are contemplating a building project within Westport, be sure to touch base with the departments listed in the left column of this page (or in the above sub-header on mobile). Approvals may be needed from one or more.
A quick way to determine which departments, download this document - Department Approvals required for a Residential Project. [PDF]
On the document, find your project in the left column, then scan to the right to see which departments are involved.
Most projects start with The Westport Weston Health District, but many of the most common projects do not, mainly electric and plumbing projects*.
Below are materials that pertain to each department for reference.Westport Weston Health District
- CT Public Health Code
- CT Sub Surface Design and Technical Standards
- CT Food Code
- WWHD Local Sanitary Code
- CT Environmental Protection Codes
- Waterway Protection Line Ordinance
- Inland Wetland & Watercourse Regulations
- Aquifer Protection Regulations
Planning & Zoning
* Note: COMING SOON: Online land use permit processing in 2020.