The Golf Advisory Committee addresses short and long range issues related to the Longshore Golf Course.
The charge of the Committee is to:
- Understand the needs and interests of the public related to the Longshore Golf Course; and
- Advise the First Selectman, Parks and Recreation Commission, and the Parks and Recreation Department on issues related to the Longshore Golf Course including:
- Policies for the use of the Golf Course
- Operation and maintenance of the golf course
- Operating budget and revenues
- Capital improvements
- The Golf Advisory Committee will consider as a course of action issues as recommended by the Parks and Recreation Commission
The Golf Advisory Committee consists of seven members appointed by the First Selectman for staggered two-year terms with no term limit.