Originally formed in 1955 with the purpose of providing a link of friendship and hospitality to United Nations staff members, delegates and their families, the UN Hospitality Committee became synonymous with the International Hospitality Committee in 2000, and as a Town committee advises the appropriate town officials as to activities in Westport related to the United Nations and international visitors. This committee's recommendations shall not be binding but shall be of an advisory nature only.
- hosts visiting individuals and groups from around the world on all U.S. national holidays
- arranges for special programming for government-sponsored visitors
- entertains UN staff members and delegates on the last Sunday of each month
- sponsors annual UN day celebrations each Oct. 24
- organizes a jUNe Day program for the last Saturday in June.