The Westport UN Hospitality Committee, now known as International Hospitality Committee, an official town organization, was formed in 1955 with the purpose of providing a link of friendship and hospitality to United Nations staff members, delegates and their families.
Westport serves as the headquarters of the International Hospitality Committee of Fairfield County, a 23-town organization. The Committee:
- hosts visiting individuals and groups from around the world on all U.S. national holidays
- attends UN conferences
- arranges for special programming for government-sponsored visitors
- entertains UN staff members and delegates on the last Sunday of each month
- sponsors annual UN day celebrations each Oct. 24
- organizes a jUNe Day program for the last Saturday in June.