Recreational shellfish permit applications may be downloaded below or obtained in person at Room 205 of Town Hall. Permits are valid from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 of each calendar year.
When Applying for a Shellfish Permit, You Must Submit the Following:
- Completed application with signature
- Copy of valid drivers license or state-issued ID (For exceptions, please contact the office at 203.341.1087)
fee – feesare listed on the second page of the application (back of page if double-sided)
- Self-addressed stamped envelope – (if mailing in)
All mail-in applications will be returned as soon as possible, but no later than two weeks after mailing. Applications with missing information will be returned along with a request for the additional information and may cause a delay in receiving your permit.
Recreational shellfish permits and daily permits may also be obtained at The Dock Shop located at 609 Riverside Avenue (next to The Black Duck). Their phone number is 203.557.0873. Their hours are:
Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Access to the Recreational Shellfish Beds
- The best access to the recreational shellfish beds is via boat. There is a state boat launch on Elaine Rd. off Compo Road South.
- If arriving by car, there is a public parking area at Canal Road in Saugatuck Shores. The parking in this lot is limited to eight vehicles. Please note, the parking lot is surrounded by private property and there is no parking available on the street.