Westport TV on Channel 79 (Optimum) and Channel 6020 (Frontier)
- Broadcasts live government meetings
- Broadcasts the daily and weekly schedule for all town board and commission meetings
Under FCC regulations and Connecticut law, all video and cable companies are required to carry community-based programming, often referred to a PEG (public – education – government) channels
- Channel 78 airs town-produced educational programming, often from local schools
- Channel 79 and 6020 air government meetings, also produced locally in each town
- Community Channel 88 carries “public access” programming created by local producers
Archived meetings are available at the website videostream page. This is especially useful for those who do not subscribe to one of the television providers.
Westport's two channels are managed by the Office of Information Technology.
The town broadcasts live meetings weekly for an average of 8.5 hours per week and rebroadcasts the recorded video programming as needed.
We carry live meetings on Channel 79 and 6020 for following town boards and commissions:
- Board of Selectmen
- Board of Finance
- Representative Town Meeting
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Conservation Commission
During elections, we broadcast live coverage of candidates’ debates.
We also broadcast the Westport Arts Advisory Committee “TEA Talks” (Thinkers, Educators, Artists) program and other special events.