The Longshore Pool complex consists of
- two (2) swimming pools and a wading pool
- handicap accessible locker rooms with showers,
- family bathrooms
- a full service concession stand with outdoor seating and picnic tables.
- a playground and tennis courts with lights is adjacent to the area
The Lap Pool is 25 yds. in length and a depth from 3-ft. to 9-ft. and used for open swim.
The Training Pool is 20 yds. in length, is a uniform depth of 3’7” and used for lap swim and swim lessons.
The Wading Pool has a depth 1-ft. to 2-1/2 ft. and is restricted during open swim to children under six years of age.
Longshore Pool Fees:
Handpass Holder - Free
Children under 6 yrs. Old - Free
**Pool Guest per person - $ 10.00
**Guest Book (book of 10) - $ 80.00 (Guest Book only valid for season indicated on ticket)
**Guest must be accompanied by a Handpass Holder
- All pool users must possess a valid Parks and Recreation Department handpass or be accompanied by a valid handpass holder. Handpass must be presented at time of entry.
- No guest shall be admitted unless accompanied by a Westport resident in possession of his/her valid handpass. Such guests shall be required to pay the guest fee.
- All swimmers MUST wear wrist bands at all times in the pool area.
- Every swimmer must use the shower in the bathhouse before entering the pool.
- Floatation devices are prohibited in designated bathing/swim areas with the exception of Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices (PFD) Type I, II, or III. A child using a personal flotation device must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
- Children under the age of 6 do not need a handpass, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under the age of 8 wishing to use the Recreational or Training Pool must be accompanied by an adult.
- Prohibited in the pool - cut offs or long pants, shoes, shirts (other than official swim wear apparel or white tee shirts).
- Prohibited in the pool and/or on the pool deck - running and horse playing, eating, drinking, and smoking.
- Kick boards, ring toss or any objects thrown into the pool are prohibited unless authorized by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Any persons known or suspected of having a communicable disease should not use the pool.
- No diving in the training pool.
- Swimming is prohibited without a life guard on duty.
LONGSHORE WADING POOL
- Children using the Wading Pool must be under the age of six (6) and must be accompanied by an adult.
- The above remains in effect during the adult swim in the training pool. 3. Toddlers wearing disposable diapers are prohibited from using either pool. Only swim diapers will be permitted. Available at pool concession.
No lifeguard on duty. Swimming is prohibited.
NOTE: Suspension of privileges, fine, and/or arrest may be imposed for the violation of policies and procedures. The Parks and Recreation Department has the right to close the pool due to inclement weather.
June 20 – Aug. 14, 2020
- Group Lessons - 2 week sessions
- Private Lessons - ½ Hour Lessons
For information call the Parks and Recreation Department at (203) 341.5087.
The mission for the Westport Parks and Recreation Dept. is to create a facility designed to accommodate all ages, swimmers and non swimmers to have a safe and enjoyable experience at the Longshore Pool throughout the summer. To have a staff that is fully certified and customer oriented to meet the needs of all the pool patrons.