POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- All skaters must wear helmets, wrist guards, knee and elbow pads, proper wheels and skates.
- Skaters 12yrs. of age and older do not have to wear wrist guards and elbow pads if parents sign off on waiver form.
- All skaters must wear safe and appropriate clothing. ( heavy material clothing jeans or shorts )
- A Release/Waiver Card must be filled out and signed by both the skater AND IF UNDER 18 the parent or legal guardian at the Skate Park. If this is not on file
- There is to be NO SMOKING, NO PROFANITY AND NO LOITERING in the Skate Park area at any time.
- The Westport Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to have skaters demonstrate their ability before being allowed to utilize the equipment. This will help the park supervisor determine what level of equipment is safe for use.
- Skate Park participants who are under the age of 10 require adult supervision at all times during free skate.
- Skaters are prohibited to skate on the boardwalk, marina docks or dock ramps.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the park. This includes gum and all candies.
- Any skater or skaters not following the rules of the Skate Park will be asked to leave the park. NO REFUNDS
- Suspension of privileges, fine and/or arrest may be imposed for the violation of policies and procedures.
- Anyone skating in park when it is closed will have his or her privileges suspended, or a fine/arrest will be imposed.
The mission of the Westport Skate Park is to create a safe and challenging skating area for all skaters. It is designed to be enjoyed by skaters of all ages and to help in their development. Our ultimate goal is to give skaters a place where they can have a feeling of ownership, which creates a strong personal sense of pride, well being and accomplishment. at the park, skaters will not be allowed to skate.
ALL SKATERS MUST WEAR HELMETS, WRIST GUARDS, KNEE AND ELBOW PADS, PROPER WHEELS AND SKATES.
SKATERS 12 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR WRIST GUARDS AND ELBOW PADS IF PARENTS SIGN OFF ON WAIVER FORM.
AMPLIFIED MUSIC WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED FROM 5:30PM TO DARK UNDER THE CONTROL OF SUPERVISOR.
ANYONE SKATING IN PARK WHEN IT IS CLOSED WILL HAVE HIS OR HER PRIVILEGES SUSPENDED, OR A FINE/ARREST WILL BE IMPOSED.
CANCELLATION LINE: (203) 226–1251