110 Myrtle Avenue, Room 208
Westport CT 06880
E-mail: See Contact Us
The Personnel Department develops and either implements or oversees the implementation of cost- effective policies and programs that are designed to attract, retain, motivate, develop, organize and discipline the people needed to conduct the town's affairs.
- Ensures that all such activities are consistent with applicable state and federal law; thereby protecting the town from unwarranted and costly legal proceedings
- Develops, interprets and implements uniform, non-discriminating personnel policies throughout the town
- Supervises the employment, compensation and employee records sections
- Administers performance appraisal systems
- Identifies promotional examinations and supervises the testing process
- Assists in the negotiation of union contracts
- Administers health, safety and affirmative action programs, the enforcement of workplace rules, the handling of complaints and grievances and the promotion of an atmosphere conducive to achieving high levels of employee morale
- Enrolls employees and administers their benefits under the town's health and retirement benefit programs.
- Prepares employee censuses for actuarial review and/or premium rate negotiations