The Department's mission is to:
- Enhance the orderly development of the town,
- Maintain the quality of the residential neighborhoods and business districts,
- Enforce regulations that protect the town from
This is accomplished with a service-oriented staff that provides active and consistent enforcement in a fair and equitable manner in order to maintain property values.
Staff functions include:
- Processing applications and permits,
- Providing information to elected members of the P&Z Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals,
- Providing information on land use issues and zoning regulations to the public on a formal and informal basis,
- Maintaining a repository of land use information on Westport properties.
Westport Zoning and Subdivision Regulations
The Zoning and Subdivision Regulations, are updated several times throughout the year, and are available for download as PDF files
- Thinking of a project? Come to P&Z Question time Monday - Friday 9:00am - 11:30am
- Zoning Permit Data Form and Requirements: Download PDF
- Completed Zoning Permit materials are accepted Monday - Friday
- Fees List for P&Z Applications & Misc. Download Appendix A
- Zoning Forms: P&Z & ZBA Applications Forms Link "Search Online Forms".
Planning and Zoning staff are responsible for implementing the Westport Zoning Regulations adopted by the Westport Planning and Zoning Commission.
Note: All emails sent to the P&Z Commission from this website are received and reviewed by Mary Young, P&Z Director. Emails received are added to the file until the close of the public hearing.
Watch Live or Archived Video stream of the P&Z Commission, ZBA and Special Meetings.
Westport Plan of Conservation and Development 2017 Town Plan of Conservation.
The P&Z Commission has established a "Notice Registry" for those who wish to find out about certain proposed amendments. See this news release for more information.
- Affordable Housing Authority
- Affordable Housing Units in Westport
- Westport Affordable Housing Summary June 2019
- See all P&Z online FORMS for applications
- Zoning Enforcement Policy Revised 4-14-14
- Historic District Commission
- Westport Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tool
- Westport Flood Zone Map
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Map Service Center
- After the Storm: A Citizen's Guide to Understanding
Westport Town Hall, Room 203 110 Myrtle Avenue Westport, CT 06880
Tel: 203-341-1030 Fax: 203-454-6145 E-mail: email@example.com
Walk-in Question Time: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 11:30am
The P&Z Office is open to the public Monday - Friday