If this is an Emergency please call 911
Welcome to the Westport Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Using this Online Citizen Police Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report at no charge.
Review the following statements to confirm if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Westport town limits.
- There are NO KNOWN SUSPECTS, FIREARMS, OR OTHER WEAPONS INVOLVED. If so, you CANNOT use this system. You will need to contact the Westport Police Department at 203-341-6000 and have an officer respond to take a report.
- The incident did not occur
inSherwood Island State Park, on the Merritt Parkway (Rt-15), the Connecticut Turnpike (I-95), or any entrance/exit ramp of those highways. If the incident did occur at any of these locations you must report it to the Connecticut State Police at (203) 696-2500.
If you can confirm the above statements, you are ready to file your report online. Otherwise, check our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions page.
You can report the following types of incidents:
Harassing Phone Call
Damage to Motor Vehicle
You can also file supplemental reports to incidents that you previously reported through the online system and also to incidents that you filed with a police officer (you will need to know your exact case #).
Turn off your pop-up blocking software before starting the report.
Upon completion of the
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete
- Be given a police report case number
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Please do not use the email address included in any automated system messages unless it is system related. If you have additional information about your case you must add a supplemental report or call the Police Department.