Driveway Permit — required for new driveways or whenever the location of a curb cut, or footprint of
- All driveway construction is regulated by the Street/Driveway Ordinance of the Town Code.
- If for some reason the ordinance cannot be followed, a variance must be obtained by from the Board of Selectmen.
- Download Driveway Permit application with Details and Notes [PDF]
Road Opening Permit — required whenever work is to be performed within:
- a town right of way or street right of way
- a town easement of any kind
Requirements for the work are outlined in the town's Street/Driveway Ordinance of the Town Code.
- Download Road Opening Permit application with Requirements for Bond [PDF]
- Download Trench Repair Policy [PDF]
- $10,000 Bond Permit Form [PDF]
SEWER PERMIT— required whenever there is:
- a new connection to be made to the sanitary sewer
- an existing connection
brokenor opened in any way
- a sewer connection to be capped
The Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA) sets regulations for how sewer connections are to be made. The WPCA is the Board of Selectmen. If for some reason the regulations cannot be followed, a variance must first be obtained from the WPCA.
Whenever development is proposed, (e.g. additions, new construction, excavation or fill), the new development must not adversely affect adjacent properties, either by an increase in runoff or by a concentration of existing runoff water. In general, increases in the amount of water running off a property can be compensated for by piping roof leader runoff underground into
When development is extensive, and a large amount of additional runoff is generated, it may be necessary or more cost effective to engage the services of an engineer to design a storm drainage system. On smaller developments such as additions and small houses, it may be more
Any subsurface system including structures and piping must be inspected by the Engineering Department staff prior to backfilling. In certain
Site grading must generally be reviewed as well to determine if
The above is meant only as a general guide through the review process. Specific questions should be directed to the Engineering Department at (203) 341-1120. Personnel