110 Myrtle Avenue, Room 105,
Westport CT 06880
E-mail: See Contact Us
The Town Clerk is an appointed and salaried official who serves at the pleasure of the First Selectman. The Town Clerk is also required by State law to be bonded.
The Town Clerk is responsible for:
- Maintaining the public records of the town as required by Connecticut State Statutes, including land records and town meeting notices.
- Acting as Registrar of Vital Statistics for the town and certifying and maintaining records of all births, marriages, deaths, and burials involving Westport residents as well as those of non-residents occurring in Westport. These records are essentially complete and date back to the time of the town's incorporation date of 1835.
- Managing elections including the conduct of referenda, primaries and elections, and the maintenance of associated records.
- Issuing all licenses, including marriage licenses, dog licenses, and fish and game licenses .
Connecticut’s Freedom of Information laws require that most of the town records, with the exception of births and veterans discharge papers be open for public inspection.
- Town Code
- Minutes of Elected Boards (1999-2010)
- Town Board and Committee Minutes
- Search Public Records
- Connecticut's Freedom of Information Commission
- Connecticut State Register & Manual (Blue Book)
- Mail-A-Map Westport/Weston, CT Street Map