Marriage License Requirements
A marriage license is required of any parties getting married in Westport. The cost is $50.
- You must obtain your marriage license from the town in which you are getting married.
- A marriage license is valid for 65 days. (You must get married within 65 days of applying for your license.)
- Both parties must sign the marriage license and take an oath in the presence of the Town Clerk or Assistant Town Clerk. The parties may come in together or individually.
- There is no waiting period between applying for & receiving your license.
- Plan on spending about 20 minutes in the Town Clerk's Office. The office is in the Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Avenue, Room 105 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. No appointment is necessary. You will need to supply the following information:
- Date of marriage and location.
- The name and telephone number of the person performing the ceremony for you.
- Your parent's name including your mother's maiden name, as well as their place of birth.
- Please fill out and submit the application by clicking the link below. Upon submission, your application & license will be waiting for you at the Town Clerk's office.
- Please Note: When you click on the link Marriage License Application as indicated below, scroll down to bottom of form and verify that the security code box (captcha) is available. If it is black, reload the page and proceed to complete and submit form.
The fee for a marriage license is $50. We suggest that the couple order and pre-pay an additional $20 for each certified copy of the marriage license, which will be mailed to them automatically upon our receipt of the marriage certificate after the ceremony. A certified copy is required by social security and DMV to make a name change. We accept cash or a personal check, we do not accept credit cards.
We are happy to provide the couple with a list of Westport Justices of the Peace. Arrangements can be made directly with the Justice you select. Please click here for the list of Westport's Justices of the Peace.
For further information, please call the Town Clerk's Office at (203) 341-1110.
We look forward to seeing you and to wish you GOOD LUCK!