Land Records Fees (Sec. 7-34a)
The Town Clerk's office is responsible for the filing of 180 different types of documents. The land record fees are as follows.
- $60 first page
- $5 each subsequent page or portion.
- Documents using Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc (MERS) as a Nominee:
a) $159 flat fee: Assignments and Releases where MERS is the Grantor
b) $159 for first page, $5 each additional page for all other documents types using MERS.
- The Town Clerk's Office accepts E-Recordings for many Land Record documents. E-Recordings are accepted 9 am — 3:30 pm EST Monday — Friday. Closed Holidays.
- Simplfile www.simplifile.com 800-460-5657
- CSC http://www.erecording.com 866-652-0111
- ePN www.erecordingpartners.net 888-325-3365
- Indecomm Global Services www.indecomm.net 651-766-2350
- $2 each transfer with conveyance reportable to State
- $5 if current mailing address of grantee not given
- $1 if names of those executing, witnessing and acknowledging are not typed or printed under signature
- $1 for each marginal notation of assignment subsequent to the first two pages
Copies, certified copies of land records and maps
- Copies of documents - $1 each page
- For certified copies - $2
- Copies of maps- $1
- Engineer/Blue line $5
- Certifying a map - $2 each
Conveyance Tax (Sec. 12-494)
- State and Local Conveyance taxes are paid at the time of recording deeds. The Town Clerk forwards the State Tax to the Department of Revenue Services.
- Conveyance tax forms (OP-236) are available from the Department of Revenue Services at http://www.ct.gov/drs/cwp/view.asp?a=1509&q=450816
- Residential property and unimproved land - .0075 x consideration
- Residential dwelling over $800,000 - .0075 x $800,000 plus .0125 x amount over $800,000
- Non-residential except unimproved land - .0125 x consideration
- All categories - .0025 x consideration
MapsOriginal maps may be recorded in the Town Clerk's office as a permanent record.
- Any map - $20
- Maps of subdivisions of 3 or more parcels - $30