The Town of Westport is committed to ensuring the highest standards of ethical conduct from all who serve the town:
- public officers and employees should be independent, impartial and responsible to the people of Westport;
- government decisions and policy should be made in the proper channels of governmental structure;
- public office should not be used for personal or private gain; and
- the public must have confidence in the integrity of government.
The Town of Westport has incorporated ethical standards of conduct into its Charter, the Rules of the Representative Town Meeting and its personnel policies (click on links below).
Representative Town Meeting Rules of Procedure
Town of Westport Conflict Disclosure Statement | Conflict of Interest Statement
- An annual Town of Westport Conflict Disclosure Statement is required to be executed by each elected and appointed official. You can print the document and fill it out with a pen, or fill it out online, print, sign and submit to the town’s Audit Manager (see details on document).
- Employees with a potential conflict are required to fill out a Conflict of Interest Statement
Town Personnel Policies and Procedures Handbook
Bylaws of the Board of Education
Connecticut General Statutes regulating land use boards:
- C.G.S. Section 8-11 - Disqualification of members of zoning authorities
- C.G.S. Section 8-21 - Disqualification of members in matters before planning or zoning commissions or zoning board of appeals.
Violations of any of the above should be reported to the Selectman’s Office.