Use PDF fill-in forms as follows:
- To enter information into an application form while it is displayed on your computer screen
- To print out a completed form that you can mail or bring in to Town Hall, or save for your records
The forms provide a high quality printout for your records and are easier for town departments to process. Fill-in PDF forms do not allow you to "apply on-line."
Open the application form
- Be sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer
- Click on a selected application form title
- The PDF form will open in Acrobat Reader
- You may also download and save the blank form and complete it later. The form may be completed on your computer, by hand, or a combination of the two
- You may also print a blank form while viewing it in the browser, and then complete the form by hand using black or blue ink
View form fields and enter Information
On the Acrobat toolbar menu you will see a hand tool which is a cursor shaped like a hand. Select (click on) the hand tool and use it to move the form around on your screen. By "clicking and dragging" you will be able to view the entire page. (To move to the next page of a form, use the scroll bar on the right of your screen.) Read and follow all application instructions included on the particular form you are viewing.
When you position the hand cursor in a form field and click, the I-beam cursor will appear. The I-beam cursor allows you to type text into a field. Press the Tab key to accept the field contents and move to the next field. To accept a field and move to a previous field, use Shift + Tab together.
The application forms contain some questions which require you to check an appropriate box. Position the cursor over the box and press enter.