- The quick links that you are used to seeing on the old website banner and left screen are now just below the home page large image within the orange “Popular Services” buttons.
- “I Want To”:Move from left to right. Chose an action in the first box and then you will have a list of specific tasks in the middle box. Once you select a second choice, you will have the answer and a link in the third box.
- Still not finding what you are looking for? Try the upper right hand “Search bar.” We have made this much more accessible and useful. We recommend the search bar for finding all business on the town webpage.
- ADA compliance
- Mobile friendly
- New look: Learn about the new logo and website style as chosen by the Selectman’s Website Redevelopment Steering Committee.
- News & Happenings: Most recent news is now highlighted on the home page and accessible with photos.
- The upcoming Meeting Events & Community Events are on the home page. Click “full meeting list and calendar” on either option and be taken to a month’s worth of information.
- Town Highlights: This is a new place to show the exciting events, progress and accomplishments happening here in Westport.
- In one place, you can subscribe to the Town of Westport notifications. This includes emergency notifications, meeting information and news. Just click, search or chose “subscribe.”
- You can see our Facebook & Twitter social media from the website. You can also get a full listing of Town of Westport social media pages.
- The Town Charter, Ordinances and Regulations are in one place and no longer under the header of “publications.”
- Do all your town meeting business in one place, whether it is watching live or recorded meetings, seeing the calendar and agendas or reviewing meeting minutes.
How is the home page menu organized?
- Residents:Information that is either pertinent to home owners.
- About:Town history, news, pride and administration. There is also a new “Economic Opportunity” page to promote business in town.
- Government:Elected Officials, Appointed Boards and Town Departments as well as official reports and documents are here.
- Business:This includes information that is useful to Westport business owners.
- Experience:This is a guide for what to do in Westport whether you are a resident or a visitor.
- How Do I: Using Google Analytics, these are the most frequently accessed sub-pages on the Town of Westport website.
- Q: Where’s the GIS?
A: Most people do not know what GIS is. Please see “Town Map System” instead.Q: Where is “publications?”
A: The Town Charter, Ordinances and Regulations are in one place and no longer under the header of “publications.” Online forms can be searched using the search bar.Q: Where are P&Z meeting notices?
A: Use the search bar or click the Popular Services button “Agendas & Meetings.” Filter the “all departments” drop by menu by “Planning & Zoning.” Also, the How Do I menu gives a direct link to P&Z meeting notices.Q: How can I file a comment or question about the new site?
A: Click on “feedback” on any of our pages, or email firstname.lastname@example.org